Did you always look through Gluten Free Texas Roadhouse Menu before eating? I will provide the the list of those items that you should avoid and must eat for taste.
Texas Roadhouse is a popular steakhouse chain known for its generous portions and fun, lively atmosphere. While not everything on the menu is gluten-free, Texas Roadhouse does offer quite a few gluten-free options.
Here’s what you need to know about eating gluten-free at Texas Roadhouse.
See More: Texas Roadhouse Early Dine Menu
Gluten-Containing Items to Avoid
If you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, there are some menu items at Texas Roadhouse that you’ll definitely want to avoid:
- Bread and rolls – Texas Roadhouse serves fresh-baked bread and rolls that contain gluten.
- Fried foods – Items like the Cactus Blossom and rattlesnake bites are battered and fried, meaning they contain gluten.
- Sauces and seasonings – Many of the sauces, like the honey cinnamon butter, contain gluten. Seasonings on meats may also contain gluten.
- Desserts – Most desserts, like the cinnamon butter pecan cake, contain gluten sources like wheat flour.
Texas Roadhouse Gluten Free Menu with Prices
While you’ll need to avoid the bread basket, there are still plenty of tasty gluten-free options at Texas Roadhouse:
- Steaks – Get your steak without the seasoning for a gluten-free option. Go for sirloins, ribeyes, filets and more.
- Ribs – Texas Roadhouse is known for its fall-off-the-bone ribs. Get them naked without the sauce.
- Salmon – Grilled salmon fillets are naturally gluten-free. Enjoy with a side of veggies.
- Chicken – Grilled chicken, chicken critters and chicken fritters (without sauce) are gluten-free options.
- Pork chops – Go for the center-cut pork chops sans seasoning for a gluten-free entree.
- Baked potatoes – Order a loaded baked potato without the seasoning.
- Mashed potatoes – The real mashed potatoes are gluten-free.
- Sweet potatoes – Baked sweet potatoes make a tasty gluten-free side.
- Green beans – Get the green beans for a veggie side option.
- Salad – Build a salad without croutons for a gluten-free starter.
Gluten-Free Sauces and Condiments
- Barbecue sauce – Texas Roadhouse has gluten-free BBQ sauce.
- Steak butter – The lemon pepper or herb steak butter is gluten-free.
- Sour cream – Sour cream served with baked potatoes is gluten-free.
- Salad dressings – Vinaigrettes and creamy ranch dressing are gluten-free.
Helpful Tips for Gluten-Free Dining
- Check the allergen menu – Texas Roadhouse has an allergen menu that lists gluten-free items.
- Specify gluten-free – Tell your server you need a gluten-free meal when ordering.
- Avoid cross-contamination – Make sure utensils, surfaces and pans haven’t touched gluten.
- Bring GF buns – You can bring gluten-free buns or rolls if you want a burger or sandwich.
- Eat early – Go during off-peak times to reduce cross-contamination risk.
See Related: Texas Roadhouse Allergen Menu
FAQs about Texas Roadhouse Gluten Free Menu
Are Texas Roadhouse potato skins gluten-free?
The potato skins at Texas Roadhouse are gluten-free. However, it’s important to check that they are prepared plain without added seasonings, which may contain gluten.
Is Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing gluten-free?
Yes, the ranch dressing served at Texas Roadhouse is gluten-free. You can safely order ranch as a gluten-free salad dressing option.
Are Texas Roadhouse rolls gluten-free?
No, the bread rolls and baked goods at Texas Roadhouse contain gluten. Those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should avoid the rolls and biscuits.
Is the barbecue sauce at Texas Roadhouse gluten-free?
Yes, Texas Roadhouse has confirmed that their original barbecue sauce, sweet barbecue sauce, and spicy barbecue sauce are all gluten-free.
Are bread rolls free at Texas Roadhouse?
Texas Roadhouse offers complimentary bread and rolls before meals. However, these rolls are not gluten-free and contain wheat. Gluten-free diners may want to request no bread basket.
Is sour cream at Texas Roadhouse gluten-free?
The sour cream served at Texas Roadhouse does not contain gluten, so it is safe for gluten-free diets when eating baked potatoes and other dishes.
Direct Contact With Texas:
With the right modifications and precautions, those avoiding gluten can also enjoy the flavors of Texas Roadhouse. While the bread basket is off-limits, there are still plenty of protein-packed steaks, fall-off-the-bone ribs, and craveable sides to choose from.
Be sure to thoroughly check the allergen menu, clearly communicate with your server, and confirm ingredients to steer clear of hidden gluten. If in doubt, don’t be afraid to ask questions. With planning and care, you can safely indulge in Tex-Mex favorites gluten-free.
While it requires extra effort, the reward of barbecue ribs, juicy steaks, and loaded baked potatoes is well worth it for gluten-free diners. Texas Roadhouse has clearly made strides to accommodate a range of dietary needs.
By being informed and proactive, you can have a great gluten-free experience each time you walk through those saloon doors.